SQL Index Manager lets you quickly and easily find out the status of your indexes and discover which databases need maintenance.
You can do maintenance through the UI, or generate a T-SQL script to run in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Detect index fragmentation: get a full report on indexes across your databases, including severity of fragmentation and the reasons for it.
- Fix fragmentation: choose which indexes to fix based on fragmentation severity – SQL Index Manager will perform the operation for you.
- Reorganize or rebuild: set which action to take, based on customizable rebuild and reorganization thresholds, and rebuild indexes online with SQL Server Enterprise Edition.
- Analyze over time: export the results of your analysis to track and report on fragmentation.
- Generate scripts: automatically generate T-SQL scripts to fix fragmentation.